Thursday, April 26, 2012

Independent Component 2

Literal
(a) I, Stefanie Paz, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) I did an analysis of various marketing materials/devices within the AEON Medical Equipment & Supply Inc. as well as from MedTrade Spring Convention 2012. The analysis was based on the LIA format of learning. I also recreated the four marketing materials used by AEON.




Binder



LIA Analysis




















Drafts and Revisions









Flyer











Brochure
Postcard


Flyer (retired)











Revised Marketing Materials Analysis


Interpretive
For each marketing analysis, I broke it up into an LIA format, to help me better understand the purpose of the brochure.

Literal
Type of marketing device: [Flyer, brochure, etc.]
Product: [What is being sold?]
Company: [What company is behind this?]
Facts learned about the product: [What does this product do?]
Facts learned about the business: [What does this company do?]
Interpretive
Main purpose of the device: [What is the device trying to say or do?]
Benefits of the product: [Good marketing focuses on the benefits. What are they for this product?]
Identifying the target audience: [The people that the business should be focused on when marketing their product.]
  • Geographics: [location, climate, atmosphere]
  • Demographics: [gender, age, income, education, etc.]
  • Psychographics: [ideas, behaviors, interactions, beliefs, etc.]
  • Behaviors: [needs and wants, buying patterns and behaviors]
Applied
Suggested improvements to the design/delivery of the device: [Things I would do to change the the theme of the device, if I could.]
Suggested improvements to the content of the device: [Information that I would like to know about from this device]
Comments: [Final commentary on device]


Each of the four AEON devices took me an average of six hours to recreate, and another two to write up the analysis and prepare it. It takes me 20 minutes to do a thorough analysis, and I have analyzed twenty-one different marketing materials. In addition, the two presentations that I was able to attend accounted for a total of one and a half hours. This is approximately equal to thirty-four hours of work.

Applied
This component helped confirm my answer two: "Freely communicate with your target audience and clients in order to make them feel comfortable with what they want." It may even become my best answer, as soon as I am able to narrow the five answers that I have down to three. As a marketer, sharing your message clearly and creating a connection with your target audience is important when marketing medical supplies. In each of the other marketing materials I encountered, it was evident that the material was made for the intended reader. It wasn't just in the language of reffering to them, but it was also in the way that the information was given and what information was given to them .
For example, the ones with more advanced terminology are meant for those who are knowledgeable about medical equipment and terminology, like doctors. Devices that marketed comfort and quality are directed at patients and their families. Ads that talked about portability are for those with active lifestyles that can't let clunky medical equipment stop them. The only reason I was able to come to these conclusions was by placing myself in the shoes of whoever would feel the most comfortable reading the device. The more comfortable I felt in that mind that, the more effective I know that the marketing device was.

No comments:

Post a Comment